D-Limonene is a fragrance agent, a degumming agent, and a gentle yet powerful cleaner that is reputed to effectively remove stains, grease, tar, and more, thus making a natural replacement for more popular solvents, which usually contain chlorine or petroleum.
Its friendliness has also made it a popular ingredient in water-free hand soaps, in which it is said to not only cleanse but also leave the hands smelling fresh. When applied to various types of hard surfaces, such as countertops, windows, mirrors, floors, bathtubs, refrigerators, cars, and electronic items, d-Limonene is reputed to bring a high shine to all cleaned things.
The Cleaning Products that have D-limonene includes;
- Citrus blast multi-purpose cleaner
- Citrus Magic Heavy Duty Cleaner/Degreaser
- Citrasolv Natural Cleaner and Degreaser
- ZEP Citrus Cleaner and Degreaser
- Citrus II Germicidal Deodorizing Cleaner
- Citrus Degreaser
- Orange Citrus Crazy Clean
- Old Master String Cleaner and Rosin Removal
Citrus Blast Multi-Purpose Cleaner – all-natural citrus D-Limonene cleaner degreaser & deodorizer is the ultimate weapon to remove almost any kind of stain or grease from a wide variety of surfaces.
It slices through grease and cooked-on stains, clears drain lines and sewer lines with ease, lifts pet stains and removes adhesive easily, works well on porous and non-porous surfaces, perfect for odor control and smoke smells, leaves a fresh citrus smell behind, and it is an easy to use cleaner, degreaser & deodorizer
Citrusafe – CitruSafe is specifically formulated to provide a simple, safe, yet powerful alternative to cleaning a barbecue grill’s cooking surfaces (grates). CitruSafe also works great on smokers, ovens, microwaves, etc.
Citrus Magic Heavy Duty Cleaner/Degreaser – this d-limonene cleaner contains a natural organic solvent made from orange and citrus peels. It penetrates for easy removal of grease, oil, ink coffee, grass stains, blood, pet stains, and other tough cleaning problems – from any washable surface. Non-toxic; biodegradable; no phosphates. Deodorizing citrus scent
Citrasolv Natural Cleaner and Degreaser – Super-concentrated natural cleaner that harnesses the power of orange extractives to work cut through virtually every type of grease and grime. Hundreds of uses at various dilutions. Available as a super-concentrate or in a ready-to-use, general-purpose dilution.
With the ability to eliminate grease and grime, the CitraSolv Natural Cleaner and Degreaser Concentrate will work wonders in your home. Ready to use and versatile, this solution can be used on any surface to clean and degrease. Saving you time and energy on cleaning, the Citra Solv Natural Cleaner, and Degreaser Concentrate can be used in your kitchen, living room, garage, and every other place at home to clean and degrease surfaces.
ZEP Citrus Cleaner and Degreaser – Zep citrus cleaner and degreaser breaks through the hardest grease, dirt, and soot, dissolving away the most stubborn stains. The degreaser is terrific for cleaning hard dirt on nearly every surface, and it deodorizes as it cleans with real citrus solutions.
It works nicely on appliances, grills, stovetops, concrete, tools, engines, fiberglass, aluminum, stainless steel, and kitchen surfaces.
Citrus II Germicidal Deodorizing Cleaner – Citrus II hospital germicidal deodorizing cleaner 22oz is designed specifically as a general, non-acid, ready-to-use cleaner and disinfectant. Potency tests have demonstrated that this product is an effective bactericide, virucide, and fungicide. It is formulated to disinfect hard, non-porous surfaces. Learn more here!
Green Gobbler Cold-Pressed Orange Oil Cleaner – This is a virtually excellent all-purpose cleaner. Green gobbler cold-pressed orange oil cleaner contains 80-95% D-Limonene and a non-ionic coconut surfactant. It can be used on nearly any surface to get rid of stains and dirt. You can use this solution to clean metal, porcelain, stucco, brick, tile, glass, concrete, granite, rubber, and plastic.
Citrus Degreaser – Citrus degreaser contains d-Limonene and petroleum blended together, it controls evaporation and leaves no residue after use. Like every other cleaner that contains d-limonene, it has a pleasant citrus scent.
Orange Citrus Crazy Clean – This cleaning solution contains d-Limonene which is a natural orange citrus solution and can be used to clean almost all surfaces. Orange citrus crazy clean can be used on all washable and even painted surfaces as it does not contain chlorine, glycol ethers, petroleum distillate. This is excellent for getting rid of handprints from surfaces and removing grease spots.
Old Master Orange String Cleaner and Rosin Remover – this cleaner was designed to take advantage of the strong cleaning action of d-limonene found in oranges; while curtailing its finish-stripping properties, this it does with the help of various non-toxic solutions. Orange String Cleaner cleans instruments without damaging them.
- D-Limonene can be used as a degreaser, within plastics, in paint solids, as a fragrance, and as a cleaner.
- D-Limonene can be used to clean hard surfaces such as the kitchen counter, to remove stains and chewing gum in your carpet, to clean the floor and bathtub, to clean electronics, as a pre-
- wash in the laundry room, to clean windows
- D-Limonene is a refreshing way to clean your hands, leaving them with a clean, fresh smell.
- D-Limonene leaves your car shining like new by removing tar, shining the wheels, and cleaning the engine and other intricate parts under the hood.
- It also excels at cleaning tools in the garage and removes tar, grease, and oil spots from the cement floor.
- If you need to clean your tools, workbench, and machinery, rely on D-Limonene.
- The boat in your driveway will also benefit from D-Limonene’s gentle cleansing power.
- For the house and yard, it has also been noted that D-Limonene has insecticidal propensities.
- Chemical suppliers in Florida also provide D-Limonene to commercial establishments because of its ability to effectively cleans concrete floors; removes asbestos shingles; degreases all types of engines;
What Is D-limonene?
D-Limonene, also known as Citrus Terpenes, is the main chemical constituent found in the cold-pressed peel oils that can be derived from all edible citrus fruits, namely oranges, lemons, and limes.
After the first pressing of the peels, it is obtained from the resultant oil through the process of distillation.
The two chemical forms of Limonene are d-Limonene, which is found largely in orange peels, and L-Limonene, which is found largely in lemon peels. Limonene gets its name from the botanical name for “Lemon” – Citrus limon – due to the richness of this natural compound in lemon peels.
Its wide range of beneficial applications has made d-Limonene one of the most prominent natural Terpenes. With a light, pleasantly dry, and refreshingly-sweet citrusy scent, it is valued for its aroma and is mostly used in fragrances as well as green cleaning products rather than for therapeutic applications. NDA’s d-Limonene Raw Material is a thin, clear, colorless, oily fluid that is derived from steam distilled citrus rinds. It is safer to use, works more effectively, and is more environmentally-friendly than most commercial and industrial cleaners.
Applications For D-limonene
D-Limonene may be used at full strength, that is without dilution, as an eco-friendly detergent; however, direct application to painted surfaces, plexiglass, plastics, or fiberglass is not recommended. Conversely, it may be added to wetting agents, such as water or vinegar bases, to achieve better solubilization. Either method will make for a natural yet equally effective industrial-strength “green” surface disinfectant that is ideal for household cleaning.
Safety Tips While Using D-Limonene
- D-Limonene is for external use only
- Pregnant and nursing mothers are advised not to use D-limonene.
- D-Limonene must never be used near the eyes, inner nose, and ears, or on any other particularly sensitive areas of skin.
- Keep out of reach of children
Side Effects of Using Cleaning Products that Contains D-Limonene
- Potential side effects of using cleaning products that d-Limonene include;
- Irritation or damage of the skin,
- Irritation of the eye,
- Irritation of tissue
- Rapid and shallow breathing,
- Circulatory collapse,
- Abdominal burning,
- Painful or discolored urination
- Abnormal heart rate.
In the event of accidental skin contact and a resulting allergic reaction, see a doctor immediately for a health assessment and appropriate remedial action.
Caution: If d-Limonene is accidentally absorbed, do not elicit vomiting rather drink milk then immediately seek medical attention.