Cleaning your house should be something you have to make out time to do constantly. Daily, weekly and monthly cleaning should be carried out in your house to make the place habitable.
There are various cleaning supplies each part of the house needs. Knowing the right cleaning supplies for your house will help purchase the right supplies you need to clean your house. It’s very advisable to always have a list of cleaning supplies.
Your cleaning supplies should include both cleaning tools and cleaning products.
Using the right supplies will give you the results that you desire which is a clean house. If you need to know what cleaning supplies you can use for cleaning a house, here are cleaning supplies you can use to clean a house:
In cleaning your house, here are some important cleaning tools that you would need. Cleaning tools are equipment that helps you to carry out cleaning. Without this equipment, cleaning can be quite a struggle. Cleaning tools are designed to carry out various specific purposes and you need to know what does what.
Below is listed some cleaning supplies that are common but are very necessary to have when cleaning a house:
- Mops: Mops are very important cleaning tools you need in your house. You cannot avoid using a mop when cleaning your house. Mops are very efficient cleaning tools for keeping your floors clean. Dirt from feet, food spills need a mop to remove. Not all dirt can be removed from floors with a broom.
A wet mop will efficiently remove dirt from tiles and hard floors. Mopping regularly will prevent dirt accumulation. There are different types of mops for different types of floors. You have to use the mop that is suitable for your floor to get the best results.
- Buckets: A bucket is always needed around the house. From keeping your cleaning supplies to using it to carry water for cleaning, a bucket is important. For mopping, cleaning with water, and carrying supplies, you need to get a bucket to do that job.
A good mop bucket will make mopping a lot easier for you. You will use the bucket to a mixture of detergent and water for cleaning.
- Broom: A broom is a cleaning tool that is important for sweeping, dusting, and cleaning your house. For cleaning dirt that does not need water, a broom will come in handy. This is the only tool that can help you achieve Sweeping.
Sweeping and dusting your house is something that must be done regularly to ensure that your home is free from dirt and dust that may cause allergies.
- Brushes: Sometimes when cleaning, there will be a need to use a brush to scrub. You need all kinds of brushes for cleaning a house. Toilet brushes, scrubbing brushes, and other brushes.
Some tough grime and stains especially on toilet walls and floors will require scrubbing and you need a brush to do the job.
Brushes coming in different textures so choose the type that will suitable for the surface you want to clean
- Napkins and Towels: whenever you’re cleaning a surface, you must make use of a napkin or small towel. The napkin will help you take in water that you can use to clean your surfaces. You cannot clean without a napkin or rag.
- Dustpan and Dustbin: These come in handy when you have gathered dirt and want to dispose of. A dustpan is helpful during sweeping. Picking up dirt with your hands is not hygienic.
You need a dustpan where you can sweep your dirt and dispose of it properly in a dustbin.
These are chemical or natural solutions, solid or gases that can help you in cleaning. it is very impossible to do proper cleaning without cleaning products or solutions. Cleaning products also differ in uses.
While some are too harsh to be used in some areas, others are too mild to be used in some other areas.
Cleaning with only water is not suitable for all types of stains, other products need to be used to carry out proper cleaning, disinfection, and sanitization:
- Soaps and Detergent: For any type of surface cleaning, soap and detergent are usually required. You need them to clean stains that are too tough for water to wipe away alone.
However, there are various parts of the house that require different types of soaps.
You have to purchase soap as one of your house cleaning supplies. Soaps with nice fragrance will make your home clean and also smell nice.
- Disinfectants: Disinfectants are chemical solutions that help to get rid of microbes like bacteria and fungi. Most times,a surface may appear clean but it may still be covered with germs. Germs are disease-causing agents that can harm people.
Areas like toilets, kitchens, and pet houses are always full of germs. Such places need more than cleaning. Sanitization of those areas is very important. There are so many disinfectants available, you just have to get the one suitable with the function you intend to use it for.
- Glass Cleaner: For your window or glass doors, sometimes washing with detergent and water may end up living a cloudy outlook on their surfaces. You need a glass cleaner to get the job done because it is specially made for that.
- Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Toilets have most of the toughest stains to clean in a house which is why when cleaning toilets, you need to make use of this. This will help you remove tough stains around your toilet bowl.
You can use any product of your choice that you find in your local stores.
Cleaning supplies vary from room to room. Ensure that the cleaning supply used is made for that type of cleaning. The first step to having a clean house is having the right tools and products for cleaning. When you constantly use your cleaning supplies, always make sure that you maintain them.
There are so many cleaning materials not listed in this write-up but are specific for various parts of your house. Cleaning supplies like vacuum cleaners, dishwashers, and others will also assist you to achieve your goal of getting a cleaner house.
Cleaning materials also depend on the type of floors windows, doors, tables that you use in your own house.
Always buy cleaning materials and products based on the type of furniture and floors you have.
PRECAUTIONARY MEASURES TO TAKE WHEN CLEANING YOUR HOUSE:
When cleaning ensure that you protect yourself also. Wearing protective clothing like face masks, gloves etc is very advisable when cleaning. Allergies can be triggered by dust and dirt.
Wearing protective clothing will also prevent you from causing harm to yourself when using cleaning products with strong chemicals.
Make sure when you clean, you open the windows and curtains to allow the room to be well ventilated. It’s better you clean in an airy room to avoid choking on dust and chemical fumes. Always leave the area if the chemical’s fumes are too much.
Read the label of the products that you are buying. Most times we forget to read the label to know how this product should be used or how it should not be used.
This is very dangerous because ignorance can make you mix a product with another that you shouldn’t. Every product comes with an instruction on the label on how to use it.
Always make sure that you follow the instructions to get the best results from the products.
If you have allergies, make sure that the product you are using is not causing you harm. Make it a point of duty to always know what the product you are using contains, in order to know whether it is suitable for you.
Also, stop using any product that is constantly triggering your allergies.
Ensure that the products you are using for cleaning a particular surface are designed for it. This will make sure that you have good cleaning results.
Making use of ordinary soap or detergent to clean a toilet may not give you what you desire. This is why it is preferable to use a toilet cleaner.
Also, some brushes should not be used on some surfaces to avoid scratches. You need to know what kind of brushes will be suitable for your furniture and floors.
Using the right equipment or tools for cleaning will make your work productive.
Cleaning is more productive when you do it in a routine. Leaving dirt and stains on surfaces for too long can cause the stains to be tougher and very hard to remove.
Removing dirt and particles of dust does not just make the house have a clean outlook but it also prevents the occupants of the house from falling ill often.
Disinfecting and sanitizing the house is also as important as cleaning it up. This will help minimize the number of microorganisms found on surfaces in the house. After cleaning,
it is very important that you wash, disinfect and sanitize your cleaning supplies.