Septic systems are a very important part of every building that uses them. It is easy to forget about septic tanks even though we make use of them every day. We don’t think about it until something goes wrong somewhere and we have to deal with a huge stinky mess.
There are two main benefits of picking out the right cleaning product for a septic system. The first benefit affects you on a personal level while the other affects the natural ecosystem.
The products below represent some of the best septic tank treatments available:
1. Cabin Obsession Septic Tank Treatment
This Septic Tank Treatment with 12 monthly doses that are pre-packaged for use with a 1,000-gallon tank, totaling one full year of septic tank protection. Each treatment pod contains billions of bacteria which breaks down the waste in the sludge and scum layers and replaces any dead bacteria in the tank.
- It is moderately priced.
- It contains zero chemical additives, making it safe for the environment.
- The bacteria cultures have been scientifically selected to have odor-control qualities and will keep your home smelling great.
- Households with four or more occupied bedrooms, or with tanks exceeding 1,000 gallons are advised to use two pods every month instead of just one pod per month.
- Simple and easy to use
- It is well packaged
- It does not guarantee that it will eliminate odor
2. Green Gobbler Septic Saver Bacteria Enzyme Pacs.
The Green Gobbler Six Month Septic Tank Supply uses biodegradable content to ensure it’s safe for the environment and also promises six months of continual intensive septic system treatment. This efficient bacteria and enzyme mix comes in pod form and is used for breaking down oils, grease, fats, paper, and other clog-producing compounds.
- It has a considerably lower cost compared to other septic tank treatments
- It is amazing that Green Gobbler’s pods also come with odor-elimination features and anti-corrosive additives to help protect drains, pipes, and the tank’s interiors.
- It is cheap
- The odor it emits is not toxic
- It is not so good for cleaning pipes
3. Instant Power 1868 Septic Shock
This product is super easy to use. Simply empty the contents of an entire bottle into your toilet and flush it down into the septic pipes. There, it immediately begins to work and its odor-eliminating enzymes help to prevent unpleasant scents from saturating your home.
The effectiveness of this Instant Power Septic Shock is so immediate that all that is required is only a few drops to clean out clogged sewage canal and still handles the challenge of foul odor. It even digests organic matters and sludge and does not leave a side effect.
- It is eco-friendly
- It digests fats, paper, soap, and grease, at an affordable price.
- It is very effective
- This product is specifically designed for clogs and should not be used as a regular maintenance treatment.
- Since there are few clog-busting options as reliable as this product, if used too regularly, its contents may overpower a healthy septic system.
4. Walex BIO-31112 Bio-Active Septic Tank Treatment Drop-Ins
This treatment usually comes with twelve cost-friendly monthly doses, capable of effectively treating a 1500-gallon tank. The pods are eco-friendly. They use septic tank-specific enzymes to target proteins, fats, paper, and other frequently occurring solid wastes that the bacteria within the tank cannot break down.
- The pods are pre-measured and contain billions of good bacteria to replace bacteria in the tank that may have been eliminated by harmful cleaning products disposed of down sinks or toilets.
- It can easily dissolve
- It is cheap
- This product can leave an after mark on the interior of your toilet bowl after use, so you should consider using it before the toilet is cleaned to save yourself from scrubbing the toilet bowl repeatedly.
5. GreenPig Solutions 53 Concentrated Septic Tank Treatment
The pods in this treatment category are also pre-measured to allow ease of use. This treatment option should be used once every three months. The eco-friendly pods contain billions of bacteria and septic-specific enzymes for digesting grease, paper, sludge, and other organic waste.
It is available at an affordable cost and contains odor-eliminating enzymes to protect you from unpleasant scents while it performs its job.
However, this septic tank treatment does not work well for households that use excessive amounts of toilet paper, so it may not be advisable for large families with young children.
- It has eight included pods, which means that one purchase covers your septic tank treatment for two years.
- Green Pig Two Year Septic Tank Treatment is for use on tanks up to 1,500-gallons in size, though smaller tanks can use the same pod, but much less frequently.
- It is not expensive
- There are a few complaints that it does not work as fast as it is projected
6. Better Life Natural Toilet Bowl Cleaner
The Better Life Toilet Bowl Cleaner is non-toxic as it does not contain bleach, chlorine, dyes, phosphate, and so on.
It is another amazing septic-safe toilet bowl cleaner. This plant-based natural product from Better Life is made thick so that it clings on the toilet bowl surface, eating away stains, mineral deposits, and the ugly toilet bowl rings that hang around the bowl waterline.
As part of their commitment to environmental conservation, Better Life “throne tidying” toilet bowl cleaner is packaged in a 100% recyclable container. It is also cruelty-free as it is never tested on animals.
- This toilet smells fresh (tea tree & peppermint scent)
- It does what it is meant to do. If you have hard water you then backups by continuously
- It works speedily
- The bottle is very small
- Sometimes, you might have to scrub repeatedly
- It see its effectiveness, you have to apply it frequently
7. Bio-Clean Drain Septic Bacteria Treatment
The challenge of cleaning up an old septic system is one nobody wants to dream about. The Bio-Clean Drain Septic Bacteria Treatment is of the choicest products to deal with this issue. Apart from being a good product for cleaning septic systems, it can also be applied to motorhomes
- It is not expensive to purchase
- It is effective in the digestion of waste
- Its usefulness is multipurpose
- It lasts long
- There is no money-back guarantee
There are a lot of benefits to keeping your septic system clean and fresh. Making the right option for a cleaning product that would serve you well, now completely depends on you. Happy cleaning!