Wood is a common choice for flooring material, as it comes in different styles, colors and sizes after it has been processed and sprayed or painted. The natural beauty of wood and its warmth allow it to stand out amongst many other flooring materials. Wood gives a sense of class, luxury, and elegance, by enhancing the overall ambiance of the home.
Its versatility and ability to blend with any type of decor make it a popular choice amongst traditional and modern homemakers as well as making it a classy option for offices as well.
Aside from its aesthetic appeal, the fact that wood floors are very easy to clean and maintain makes it an even better choice for the homemaker. The general process of cleaning and maintaining wooden flooring is incredibly simple as they are pretty resistant to liquid spills. If you clean the wooden flooring by sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, steam-cleaning, and keeping it dry, then it’s good to go.
They don’t tend to attract too much debris, dust or dirt because of the non-electromagnetic nature of wooden flooring.
Speaking of cleaning, although wooden floors are relatively easy to clean and maintain, knowing the best cleaning products to do the job is of great essence. With the right cleaning products, cleaning wooden floors can be made a whole lot easier than it already is.
Here are the 7 best cleaning products for wooden floors:
1. Method Squirt + Mop Hardwood Floor Cleaner
- Contains (6) 25 ounce bottles of hardwood floor cleaner.
- One-step clean + gleam, no rinsing required.
- Ergonomic nozzle spray designed to cover your floors in fewer sweeps and help avoid puddling.
- Use to clean sealed hardwood and laminate floors.
- Cruelty free, Tested by people, not on animals.
- Bottle (minus lid) made of 100% recycled plastic (PCR).
- Almond is a delightfully rich + nutty fragrance that makes cleaning up a piece of (almond) cake.
- Proudly doing business with a purpose.
Method Squirt + mop wood floor cleaner is a plant-based, surface safe and biodegradable cleaner formulated for sealed hardwood and laminate floors.
It is easy to use. All you need to do is just squirt and mop. No need to rinse.
It’s ergonomically designed shower nozzle spray covers your floors in fewer sweeps and helps avoid puddling.
It is also not tested on animals and has an almond fragrance that is delightfully rich and nutty.
- Using the wood floor cleaner is very simple: just squirt, glide your floor mop across the wood and you’re done.
- The almond fragrance of this wood cleaner is delightfully rich and nutty.
- No-wax formula leaves your hardwood floor, cleaner and shinier than ever.
- It also has great customer reviews.
- The wood cleaner does not have many negative reviews, but a few of the users complained of it not leaving their floors shiny.
- Poor removal of sticky soil.
2. Asogo Spray Mop for Floor Cleaner
- 【Easy to maneuver】: When you use the ASOGO Microfiber Spray Mop, you’ll wind up with hardwood floors that shine. This easy-to-use spray mop system comes with a refillable, leak-proof water tank and 3 piece washable microfiber pads that attract dust and dirt when they’re either wet or dry. Users say it’s lightweight and cleans the floors well.
- 【TIME-SAVING & MONEY-SAVING】:The Asogo Spray Mop, saves you both time and money as you clean your floors. This mop uses reusable microfiber pads and a refillable spray bottle so you won’t need to buy replacements time after time, and its user-friendly design makes cleaning floors a cinch. The mop head rotates 180-degrees for easier cleaning, and the 52-inch mop handle lets you clean from a comfortable standing position.
- 【WASHABLE MICROFIBER PADS】: ASOGO microfiber spray mop comes with 3 reusable mop cleaning pads for your replacement, which are soft, water-absorbing, durable and reusable, way more economical than disposable cleaning pads. Prolong the service life of the spray mop and save you money, Lastly, no need for batteries as you have more control with a manual spray handle, , which is also environmentally friendly.
- 【CLEANING SOLUTION OPTIONS】: Ditch the hassle of buying expensive spray bottles and use the refillable option of the ASOGO Spray Mop instead. With its machine-washable microfiber pads and the refillable soap dispenser, this mop is the perfect blend of eco-friendly and convenient. Users love that the mop is easy to use and there is no leakage from the soap bottle. Just add 2 small teaspoons of cleaning solution to water in the bottle and you are ready to shine your floors
- 【ASOGO Spray Mop Provide The Benefits Without The Hassle】Picking out ASOGO Spray mop, because of the ease of use, it is typically used for everyday cleaning and tidying up spills, but it’s also capable of performing a heavy-duty deep clean. ASOGO floor mop work by dispensing a fine mist of cleaning solution onto your floors, allowing you to get a thorough clean. You won’t have to drag a bucket of water around or wring out dirty mop heads once you invest in the best spray mop for your home.
Asogo spray mop comes with a reusable microfiber pad that goes for all floor types, such as Hardwood, Laminate Wood, Ceramic Tiles etc. With its ergonomic handgrip control and rod length, you can do the cleaning without the need to bend or crouch making floor cleaning easy and simple.
The responsive spray head allows you to spray as much or as little liquid as you desire, saving unnecessary time and frustration mopping up water. Also, the 180°swivel head gets around bulky, heavy furniture without the headache of moving it all around.
It also comes with two reusable mop cleaning pads for your replacement, which are soft, water-absorbing, durable and reusable, way more economical than disposable cleaning pads prolonging the service life of the spray mop and saves you money.
Lastly, there is no need for batteries as you have more control with a manual spray handle, which is also environmentally friendly.
Are you tired of hauling around a heavy bucket and mop to clean your floors? Thanks to this microfiber spray mop, the refillable bottle allows you to choose the best cleaning solution for your needs as well as cancels out the need for carrying a bucket about.
No more buying expensive chemical solution refills as the ASOGO spray mop features a refillable bottle so that you can fill it with any cleaning solution you want. All you need to do is just add 2 small teaspoons of cleaning solution to water in the bottle and you are ready to shine your floors.
- Deep Cleaning, Time Saving & Effort Saving
- Applicable to a wide range of floors.
- Aids efficient cleaning
- Good for both wet and dry use.
- Although, not a general issue, some customers considered the size of the refillable bottle to be too small.
- It does not come with an instruction manual on how to assemble.
3. Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill
- LESS WASTE HOUSECLEANING: Cleaning solution for refilling all Bona Spray Mop Cartridges and Spray Bottles; Splashless technology ensures a smoother pour
- SAFER CLEANUP: Water-based cleaning formula dries fast, is residue-free, and is safer for people, pets, and the planet; Meets the U.S. EPA product standards and is Safer Choice Certified
- WOOD FLOOR CLEANER: Safe for all unwaxed, unoiled, polyurethane-finished wood floors
- SUSTAINABLE HOME CLEANING SUPPLIES: Easily refill the wood floor cleaner solution cartridge in your spray mop or spray bottle for less plastic waste use
- INCLUDES: One ready-to-use 128-ounce economy-size Bona Mopping Cleaner Refill; For best results, use this Bona Floor Cleaner with a Bona Mop and a Bona Microfiber Cleaning Pad (packaging may vary, use only as directed)
Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner Refill fills your empty Bona cartridge or spray bottle with a ready-to-use Bona Hardwood Floor Cleaner. The bottle has splash-less technology, and the handle and side grip allows for an easy, controllable refill experience. The residue-free, fast-drying solution cleans hardwood floors by gently and effectively removing dust, dirt, and grime to reveal the floor’s natural shine and beauty.
- Effectively removes dust, dirt, and grime to reveal the floor’s natural shine and beauty.
- No mixing, no measuring, and no rinsing. Just spray and clean.
- Was complained to leave behind films or residues.
4. Better Life Natural Floor Cleaner
- DIRT DESTROYING CLEAN - Freshen up your floors from messes, toothpaste, pet drool, smudges, foot traffic, spills and more with this powerful tile and wood floor cleaner.
- WORKS ON - An all-purpose mopping solution that works on hardwood, tile, marble, laminate, vinyl, and other sealed floors for a brilliant shine without streaks or haze!
- WORRY-FREE MOPPING - Our all-purpose floor cleaning solution is made with no petroleum solvents, chlorine or bleach, added alcohols, added parabens, SLS or SLES - making it gentler on your eyes, nose and skin.
- EARTH FRIENDLY PRODUCTS - Give a better life to the next generation and avoid the use of harsh industrial ingredients. Our line of gentle bathroom cleaning supplies uses some plant-derived elements that are kinder to children and pets.
- FOR BEST RESULTS - Squirt directly on any floor type. (Note: A little goes a long way) Use with any type of damp mop head. No rinsing required!
Better Life Natural Floor Cleaner, Citrus Mint is a
plant-derived floor cleaning product that is free of dyes, synthetic fragrances, sulfates, and petroleum solvents.
- Non-toxic, bio-degradable, and safe to kids, pets, people, and the planet.
- Easy to use
- No perfumes
- No rinsing required
- Had some customers complaining about leaving streaks behind.
- It may leave the floor looking dull
5. Howard Products FW0016 Wood Polish & Conditioner
- Polishes all wood surfaces to a soft luster with a protective coating of Carnauba Wax and Beeswax
- Introduces conditioning oils that “feed” the wood and helps keep it from drying and fading
- Enhances the natural beauty and depth of grain in finished and unfinished wood
- For use on antiques, dining tables, kitchen cabinets, wood doors and trim, etc.
- Helps to prevent further drying of the wood and deterioration of the finish. Contains no silicone or linseed oils
- The perfect follow-up to Restor-A-Finish to maintain the newly restored wood finish
- Included Components: Power Wood Lathes
- Make sure surface is free from dust and dirt. Saturate a small soft cloth with Feed-N-Wax and wipe evenly onto the wood surface. Let stand for at least 20 minutes before wiping off excess. Polish out with a clean soft cloth. More coats and longer dry time (overnight) may be necessary on unfinished wood surfaces.Always test in an inconspicuous area to check results before applying to entire wood surface. Do not mix with other chemicals. Wear impervious gloves and safety glasses. Keep out of the reach of children. Contains Hydrogenated Mineral Oil.
Although not a cleaning product, Howard Feed-N-Wax polish and conditioner is ideal for enhancing the depth of grain while providing added protection and lustre to furniture, antiques, and cabinets.
Feed-N-Wax helps introduce conditioning oils that ‘feed’ the wood while providing a protective coating of beeswax and carnauba wax.
Feed-N-Wax can be used on finished or unfinished wood to help preserve and keep the wood from drying out, fading, or even cracking. Feed-N-Wax should be used whenever wood starts to look faded or dry, usually every month or so.
Our original blend of beeswax, Brazilian carnauba wax, mineral oil, and orange oil is the perfect product to enhance the natural beauty and depth of grain in all woods, finished and unfinished.
- Polishes all wood surfaces to a soft luster with a protective coating of Carnauba Wax and Beeswax.
- Introduces conditioning oils that ‘feed’ the wood and helps keep it from drying and fading.
- Enhances the natural beauty and depth of grain in finished and unfinished wood.
- Can be used on antiques, dining tables, kitchen cabinets, wood doors, and trim, etc.
- Helps to prevent further drying of the wood and deterioration of the finish.
- Flammable and should not be used on kitchen wood surfaces.
- Dispenser may not suit every taste.
6. O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
- HANDS-FREE WRINGING: Our exclusive mop bucket design features a built-in wringer that allows for hands-free wringing while Splash Guard keeps water splash and spray inside the bucket when wringing or when transporting the bucket from room to room
- MACHINE WASHABLE: The EasyWring Microfiber Mop Head is machine-washable and reusable! We recommend replacing the mop head refill every 3 months for optimal floor cleaning results
- DEEP CLEANING MICROFIBER: O-Cedar's EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket Floor Cleaning System uses millions of strands of advanced microfiber to effectively capture dirt and grime with just plain water, eliminating the need for harsh chemicals. Safe for all hard flooring, including finished hardwood, wood, laminate, tile, vinyl and more.
- REACHES IN CORNERS: Due to the patented triangle mop-head and ability to rotate 360 degrees, the EasyWring Mop can reach and clean deep into corners, under furniture, alongside baseboards, and between tile.
- 1 REFILL = 3 MONTHS OF CLEANING: This offer includes 1 EasyWring Refill, and each EasyWring Microfiber Refill lasts up to 3 months! Save time and money with longer-lasting mop head replacements
- HANDLE EXTENDS FULLY TO 48 INCHES: With a telescopic handle that extends up to 48 inches, anyone can mop comfortably without bending over
- CLEAN BETTER WITH A MICROFIBER MOP: Our streak-free microfiber mops easily attracts and locks in dirt, dust, pet hair, grime, dried-on or sticky messes better than a traditional cotton wet mop. It can be used wet or dry for mopping or dusting. Do not wash with fabric softeners or bleach. Multi-purpose microfiber mop removes over 99% of bacteria with water.
The O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop and Bucket Cleaning System offer a fun and fast floor cleaning experience. It features hands-free wringing thanks to the unique foot pedal spin mop design, so you have less mess when mopping.
The amount of water and moisture applied to floors is controlled making for easier wringing and quicker-drying floors.
O-Cedar’s EasyWring microfiber mop delivers a better clean by effectively removing dirt and grime with just water. Anyone can use this mop, as the telescopic handle adjusts up to 51″ in length with the mop head attached.
This mop is safe and effective for all hard floor surfaces, such as hardwood, tile, vinyl, and more! The microfiber mop head refill is reusable and machine-washable but the mop refill pad has to be replaced every 3 months for optimal results.
- Easy to spin
- It is ideal for mopping all hard floor surfaces with no bending down and no wet hands.
- Easy to maneuver and reaches into corners.
- Safe and effective on all floor surfaces
- Deep-Cleaning Microfiber that removes and absorbs tough dirt and grime.
- Can be used wet or dry
- Machine-washable mop head
- Telescopic handle
- May take a little getting used to.
- It does not come with replaceable mop heads.
7. MURPHY OIL SOAP Wood Cleaner
- MURPHY OIL SOAP: Economical, natural cleaner ideal for mopping wood floors, paneling and other large wood surfaces
- FLOOR CLEANER: 128 fluid ounce (1 gallon) container of MURPHY OIL SOAP, concentrated multi-use wood cleaner formula
- OIL SOAP: The traditional scent of MURPHY OIL SOAP represents over 80 years of natural cleaning tradition
- WOOD CLEANER: Cleans finished wood and hard surfaces. Does not contain ammonia or bleach
- MURPHY OIL SOAP WOOD CLEANER: This multi-use wood cleaner and finished surface cleaner is a great alternative to other surface cleaner products, kitchen cleaners, bleach spray, Clorox spray and Bar Keepers Friend
- HARDWOOD FLOOR CLEANER: Contains 98% naturally derived ingredients (Specially formulated with water, coconut & plant-derived cleaning ingredients, natural fragrance, and 2% synthetic ingredients)
- TO USE ON FLOORS: Dilute 1/4 cup MURPHY OIL SOAP in 1 gallon of warm water. For heavy cleaning, dilute 1/2 cup MURPHY OIL SOAP per gallon. Clean with well wrung-out mop, and mop any excess water. Works great with a mop, no rinsing required
- TO USE ON OTHER SURFACES: Wet cloth with diluted MURPHY OIL SOAP liquid. Wipe clean to reveal wood's natural beauty
- WARNING: Do not use on unfinished, unsealed or waxed wood surfaces because they may be water sensitive. Before using on an unknown surface, test on an inconspicuous area. Dulling or discoloration indicates the wood may be waxed or needs refinishing
Murphy Oil Soap is specially designed to clean both finished wood and non-wood surfaces so that they maintain their beautiful shine at all times. The Murphy Oil Soap aims to bring out wood’s beauty gently and naturally. It is a 98% Natural Wood Cleaner specially formula with water, coconut & plant-derived cleaning ingredients, natural fragrance, and 2% synthetic ingredients. It doesn’t contain any ammonia or bleach and is biodegradable and phosphate-free.
- Economical, natural cleaner ideal for mopping wood floors, paneling and other large wood surfaces.
- This multi-use wood cleaner and finished surface cleaner is a great alternative to other surface cleaner products, kitchen cleaners, bleach spray, Clorox spray and Bar Keepers Friend.
- Contains 98% naturally derived ingredients.
- Cannot be used on unfinished, unsealed or waxed wood surfaces because they may be water sensitive.
- Sometimes, it can be poorly packaged, causing leakage.
Having intentionally highlighted the pros and cons of each product, you could just pick one already. I prefer Howard Productsbasically because their advantages are almost inexhaustible.