Tiles are a very popular form of flooring used in both homes and offices. If you have tile flooring in your home, you know how durable and beautiful it is. To maintain that beauty, it’s important to know how to clean tile floors the right way.
Fortunately, since most tiles are usually finished with a durable and impenetrable surface glaze, the flooring is incredibly forgiving and cleaning tile floors is pretty easy. Water, dirt, liquids, and germs all come up easily since they cannot be absorbed into the dense tile making it easy to clean up.
But then, even if you clean your tiles regularly, not using the right tools and materials may not give you the pleasure of enjoying the beauty of your tiled floors. Worse still, you could damage or make your floor look dirty if you’re not working with the right products.
Here are 7 of the best products to use for cleaning your tile floors:
1. Black diamond Ultimate Grout Cleaner
The Black Diamond Ultimate Grout Cleaner is the best grout cleaner for tile and grout cleaning, it is an innovative, labour-saving cleaner for grease, dirt, oil and soap scum on white or coloured grout. Its acid-free formula provides you with the best way to clean grout and ceramic, porcelain or marble. It can also be used for cleaning grout with a grout steam cleaner.
Due to it being acid-free, it will, however, not clean calcium or water spots from showers and moulds but it will work extremely well on the soap deposits. It will not normally etch marble but we always recommend that you do a test area first. Simply spray on the grout or tile and let stand for 1-3 minutes. Agitate with a grout brush to loosen embedded soil. Rinse with clean water. This product is very strong so do not use it on painted surfaces.
- Its fast-acting formula erodes grime.
- The fact that it uses a spray nozzle makes it easy to apply.
- Its acid-free solution is safe to use on marble.
- It has a mild scent compared to competitors.
- It won’t work on calcium or water spots.
- May require two rounds to get the job done.
2. O-Cedar EasyWring Microfiber Spin Mop
The O-Cedar EasyWring Spin Mop and Bucket Cleaning System offer a fun and fast floor cleaning experience. It features hands-free wringing thanks to the unique foot pedal spin mop design, so you have less mess when mopping.
The amount of water and moisture applied to floors is controlled making for easier wringing and quicker-drying floors.
O-Cedar’s EasyWring microfiber mop delivers a better clean by effectively removing dirt and grime with just water. Anyone can use this mop, as the telescopic handle adjusts up to 51″ in length with the mop head attached.
This mop is safe and effective for all hard floor surfaces, such as hardwood, tile, vinyl, and more! The microfiber mop head refill is reusable and machine-washable but the mop refill pad has to be replaced every 3 months for optimal results.
- Easy to spin
- It is ideal for mopping all hard floor surfaces with no bending down and no wet hands.
- Easy to manoeuvre and reaches into corners.
- Safe and effective on all floor surfaces
- Deep-Cleaning Microfiber that removes and absorbs tough dirt and grime.
- Can be used wet or dry
- Machine-washable mop head
- Telescopic handle
- May take a little getting used to.
- Does not come with any replacement mop heads which needs to be changed every 3 to 6 months.
- Handle only adjusts to about 51″
3. Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Cleaner Concentrate, Lemon Verbena
Mrs. Meyer’s Clean Day Multi-Surface Cleaner Concentrate features gentle yet strong cleaning agents, while also providing a special, singular scent for your entire home. Lemon Verbena has a light, refreshingly mild citrus scent.
This garden-fresh scented multi-purpose cleaner effectively cleans non-porous multi-surfaces such as floors, counters, and surfaces in bathrooms, kitchens or any room both inside and outside.
It is a biodegradable cleaner that is concentrated and hard-working. It contains plant-derived and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients. Made without parabens, phthalates, animal-derived ingredients and is always cruelty-free.
It requires dilution for use though and is available in other garden-inspired scents and biodegradable products as well.
- Safe to use as a hardwood floor cleaner, tile cleaner, on countertops, walls and more.
- Cruelty-free. It was not tested In animals.
- It does not disinfect.
- Although rare, complaints were made about it leaving behind residues.
4. Bissell Featherweight Stick Lightweight Bagless Vacuum
The Bissell Featherweight lightweight stick vacuum gives you convenient and effective cleaning on carpets, area rugs, bare floors, stairs, upholstery and more. It easily converts from a stick vacuum to a hand vacuum to clean anywhere in your home. It’s featherweight and ultra-lightweight makes it easy to use and easy to store.
- Easily converts between for floor, stair, and hand vacuuming.
- Easy to use, empty, and store.
- Easy to Empty
- Works efficiently
- A bit small in size.
- The cord is a bit short.
5. TreeLen Broom and Dustpan / Dustpan with Broom Combo
The TreeLen Broom and Dustpan / Dustpan with Broom Combo with 52″ Long Handle has a flexible rubber lip which ensures that the dust does not go underneath.
It’s built in scraper and comb/teeth clean pet hair and human hair with one pull on the teeth.
The broom with thick 4 layers bristles sweeps more effectively than that of the 3 layers.
The 52″ broom gets rid of the stress of bending down to clean and can be used in both homes and offices. It also comes with an extendable length and an upright dustpan of 38.5″.
The broom’s ability to fold offers compact storage keeping the room clean and tidy.
In summary, with its long handle, flexibility, durable build quality, and medium bristles, the TreeLen broom offers everything that you can expect from a broom. The features of this broom make it an all-in-one broom suitable for all sorts of jobs.
- It is quite easy to assemble
- Easy to use
- Easy to clean
- It has high durability
- Quite sturdy
- It is very flexible and reaches into narrow spaces
- Some customers think it underperformed when it came to removing things stuck to hardwood floors.
- Stiff bristles make it hard to sweep fine dust particles and furs.
- It also comes with a large label that can be quite distracting.
6. OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder
OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover is the answer to almost every stain-fighting need you have. When used as directed, its oxygen-based water-activated formula safely gets tough dirt and grime out of tiles, clothes, carpets and nearly any surface in your home.
OxiClean Versatile Stain Remover Powder harnesses the power of oxygen to get out tough dirt, persistent spots and set-in stains. It’s the answer to almost every stain-fighting need you have.
It comes in handy for carpets, upholstery and nearly any surface in your home.
In addition, It is chlorine-free and colour-safe. OxiClean offers a wide array of products to fit all your stain removal needs.
- The oxygen-based, water-activated formula gets out tough dirt, persistent spots and set-in stains.
- Works with regular detergent to get clothes extra clean.
- Works on carpets, upholstery, and nearly any surface in your home.
- It is a chlorine-free and color-safe formula.
- Strong fumes during pre-soak.
- It comes with lots of small-print instructions.
7. Rainbow Chalk Grout Pen White Tile Paint Marker
At some point, while using tiles, we have to deal with the all too common problem of the grout lines holding the tiles in place becoming discoloured and dirty looking
because it harbours mould and bacteria and picks up all the dirt.
It is so hard to clean and regardless of how much you scrub, restoring that grout to its once pristine brightness is nearly impossible.
However, with the Rainbow Grout Pen, restoring the beauty of grout has not just become possible but easy as well. Using this simple, fast, safe, and highly affordable tool you can make old grout look like new in a jiffy.
The Rainbow Grout Pen may look like an ordinary ink marker, but it’s much more sophisticated than that. The flow of the water-based ink is valve activated, allowing you great control and precision.
You have to pump the pen to prime it. The ink will start flowing, and then you’re ready to go. Simply apply the bullet nib tip to the dirty grout, and you’ll be amazed at how quickly the original colour is restored. Almost instantaneously, it will look like new.
- It contains eco-friendly, water-based ink.
- It’s non-toxic, and the odour emitting from it is so minimal that it’s barely noticeable.
- There’s no scrubbing or rinsing after application, so it’s considerably faster.
- The ink has antifungal and antibacterial properties, both of which will go a long way in killing off the existing mould and preventing more from growing.
- Can be used in any part of the house: kitchen, bathrooms etc.
- Requires a careful technique in order not to damage the nib.
- Gridlines have to be taken a point at a time which may not be convenient for large areas.
In conclusion, the need for using the best cleaning products for your cleaning jobs cannot be overemphasized. The products listed above are best sellers and have been tested and proven to be efficient by lots of users.
I prefer the Black diamond Ultimate Grout Cleaner because it not only gets the tiles clean but takes care of the grout as well. Thereby offering double action in one pack.