Cleaning the bathtub is not fun at all. Straining over the bathtub’s edge to access those hard-to-reach areas while trying to scrub can be awkward and leave you with an aching back and sore knees.
Keeping your bathtub clean is necessary because dirt, grime, and soap can build up quickly in a tub, and an unclean bathtub can bear mold, bacteria, and other minerals that are unpleasant to look at and unhealthy.
With the right type of cleaning product, you can spend less time cleaning and more time enjoying a sparkling shower bathtub, there are dozens of excellent cleaning products you can use for cleaning your bathtub.
Top 7 Best Cleaning Product for Tub
1. Mr Clean MagicEraser
Mr. Clean Magic Eraser is a very durable Scrubber especially as it is mixed with Durafoam. The cleaning micro-scrubbers can reach into the surface holes and get rid of built-up dirt and grime.
Use it all around the house as a textured Multi-Surface cleaner on your impossible messes: marks on walls, soap scum in your bathtub and on your shower glass, & greasy kitchen messes on counters, stovetops, and ovens! Vs. Leading all-purpose bleach Spray
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser lasts very long.
- This cleaning scrubber is very good on hard and built-up dirt and grime.
- It can also be used as a surface cleaner, wall cleaner, bathroom cleaner, oven door cleaner, and to erase marks on light switches, doors among other things.
- Mr. Clean Magic Eraser with water alone gives a powerful clean.
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals.
- It has a foaming formula that aids it in getting rid or breaking down soap scum.
- It has a fresh scent
- It is simple to use
- It combines both scrubbing pad and foam cleanser.
- It can remove hard water spots from your bathtub.
- It cannot be used on acrylic bathtubs.
- The pads are not so strong.
2. Ecos All-purpose cleaner
Each bottle of Ecos All-purpose cleaner contains over 50 years of scientific passion and plant-powered goodness. The formula is extraordinarily effective at cleaning everyday dirt and grease from hard surfaces using thoughtfully sourced ingredients.
Ecos all-purpose cleaner contains citrus, which brings an essence of vitality that smells great and also adds grease-cutting strength to it.
- Ecos all-purpose cleaner is made with naturally pure essential oils of oranges.
- It does not leave any residue behind.
- It is an all-purpose cleaner that can be used for cleaning non-porous surfaces like sealed stone, hardwood floors, painted surfaces, linoleum, vinyl, porcelain, chrome, stainless etc.
- With the natural power of citrus it quickly permeates and removes hard dirt, grime, oil and grease.
- It also gets rid of gum, adhesives lipstick, crayons, pencil and ink marks.
- It does not contain Ammonia, phosphate, chlorine, glycol and glycol ether, enzyme, dye, and petroleum ingredients.
- It is not toxic as it is made with 100% natural, plant-based ingredients.
- The scent is too strong
- The spray bottle nozzle is not good.
3. Puracy All-purpose cleaner
Puracy Natural Multi-Surface Cleaner is a non-toxic, effective, and versatile cleanser made from plants, water, and a hint of green tea and lime. It is safe to use around your family as it does not contain harsh chemicals or fumes.
- Puracy cleans without streaking or leaving residues, or contaminants behind.
- Puracy formula is plant-based and it effectively removes dirt.
- It can be used on every surface in the home such as kitchen countertops, hardwood floors, finished wood, car dashboards, glass, painted surfaces, plastic, porcelain, quartz, sealed & unsealed stone, sinks, stainless steel, tables, vinyl, walls, and any other solid surface
- It is safe to use as it does not contain harsh chemicals.
- It has a herbal smell that’s not so nice
- It leaves streaks behind if you rinse it with tap water.
4. Weiman Bath Tub Cleaner
Weiman Tub, Tile & Fiberglass Cleaner is a strong cleaner that quickly eliminates tough stains, soap scum, hard water spots, limescale & rust from the tub and other things without hard scrubbing. It is not abrasive and when used to clean a tub, it restores the natural color and texture of the tub, and it rinses easily leaving bathrooms or bathtub sparkling clean.
- Weiman tub, tile, and fiberglass cleaner is very powerful and it rapidly melts dirt, residue, rust and get rid of water spots without hard scrubbing
- It can be used on other things like shower doors, spas, pools, vanities, sinks and fiberglass.
- It is an effective cleaner as it contains a heavy-duty formula that aids cleaning.
- It is not abrasive and it restores the natural color & texture of bathtubs.
- It works great on most bathroom surfaces including ceramic, porcelain, fiberglass & tiles
- It does not have an offensive smell.
- It does not work very well on fiberglass bathtub
- It is watery, it is not thick at all.
5. Method Bathroom Cleaner
Method Bathroom Cleaner is a tub and tile cleaner which has a plant-based formula with power green technology that dissolves soap scum and stains.
Power green technology curbs the strength of naturally derived, unharmful ingredients to deliver a powerful cleaning punch. So even after cleaning the bathtub with it, the lactic acid and corn starch-derived decyl glucoside will keep on dissolving and deterring soap scum and lime deposits.
- Method Bathroom Cleaner has a nice scent.
- It does not contain any harsh ingredients as the ingredients are derived from plants.
- Method Bathroom Cleaner leaves your bathroom clean, fresh and glowing.
- It makes cleaning easy and it saves time.
- When cleaning a hard water spot with Method Bathroom Cleaner, you will need to really scrub very hard.
- If it touches the shower door it leaves sticky spots on it.
6. Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day
Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day is made with plant-derived ingredients, hence it is eco-friendly and safe to use.
- Mrs Meyer’s Clean Day is a powder cleaner that gently peels off built-up grime and grease on the bathtub and other surfaces
- It is like baking soda, it’s a non-scratching powder which, like baking soda, effectively cleans tub, tile, stainless steel, porcelain, cookware, and a lot more.
- It has a garden-fresh lavender surface scrub and scent
- It can work on different grimy surfaces in your house as it contains plant-derived cleaning ingredients that work well on surfaces.
- Mrs. Meyer’s clean day is eco friendly
- It is very small in size
- It is expensive.
7. Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser
Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser is infused with millions of Oxi scrubbers that trigger while you clean. Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser gives you a deep clean with instant cleaning action by penetrating the stain, resulting in a shiny clean surface.
It was designed for use on surfaces throughout the house especially in the bathroom and kitchen. It can clean any type of stain on a bathtub. Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser is certified by Kosher Orthodox Union.
- Soft scrub oxi cleanser is imbued with millions of Oxi scrubbers that trigger while you clean
- Soft scrub oxi cleanser is good for deep cleaning as it penetrates stains and gets rid of them.
- Soft Scrub Oxi Cleanser can be used to clean other surfaces aside from bathtubs, surfaces like countertops, showers, sinks, stovetops, tiles, and toilets.
- It gets rid of all types of stains.
- It is easy to use and it saves time.
- You don’t need to scrub so hard while using this cleaning product.
Soft scrub oxi cleanser is not abrasive
- You can use a little on a large surface area.
- It is not expensive.
- It has a strong scent that last too long
- The cap is delicate and easily breaks.
The above cleaning products for tub were chosen because of their reviews, their ingredients, and their price. All the above-selected bathtub cleaners are rated above four stars. And they are environmentally friendly, some are biodegradable, reusable, saves waste, and quite cheap.