The Hearing Aid Cleaner Kit is all about providing you with handy solutions that make it easy for you to take care of yourself as well as your loved ones. This all-in-one cleaner kit is just perfect as it comes with all the five tools that are needed to facilitate easy, quick, and effective hearing daily.
It also encompasses tools that will be used for cleaning and maintaining the hearing aid. Not only are the tools built to be comfortable and lightweight to handle, but they also have an ergonomic design, are easy to use and maintain.
Cleaning your hearing aid down to the tips and tubing has been made easier with the invention of this thoughtful cleaning kit. You’ll agree with me that proper cleaning, care, and maintenance of a hearing aid extends its life span and also helps it to keep providing the optimum performance. This kit helps prevent you from spending a lot of money on repairs while effectively protecting your hearing aid. The cleaning tool is made up of three parts namely:
• Brush to get rid of debris, dirt, and dust from the hearing aid and tip.
• A wire to get rid of ear wax and other forms of blockages from the tubing.
• Magnet that takes care of the batteries.
Features And Details
Outlined below are the features and details of the Hearing Aid Cleaner Kit
This hearing aid cleaning kit has its tools specially designed to help protect, clean, and maintain your hearing aids and invariably improve and extend their life span and quality for a long time.
Easy To Use
Contains five cleaning tools for hearing aids and all are built to be comfortable and easy to use.
Made with your comfort and convenience in mind, the five cleaning tools fit snugly in a little case that’s lightweight and easy to carry about.
This cleaning kit helps improve your quality of life by giving you optimum performance as well as protecting, cleaning, and maintaining your hearing aids.
The Hearing Aid Cleaner Kit contains five cleaning tools which include a cleaning brush, tube, and vent cleaner, battery door opener, wax removal pick, and battery replacement magnet.
- Easy to remove from the ears
- Ideal for traveling
- Easy to use, clean, and maintain
- Value for money
- The tools are attached on a swivel, so it is awkward and destined to break into plastic shards.
- Does not fit some hearing aids when you want to clean. Not built to be universal.
The Hearing Aid Cleaner Kit has a rating of 4.4 out of 5 on Amazon. It is an all-in-one kit that contains all that you need for efficient, effective, fast, and easy cleaning and maintenance of your hearing aids. Easy to use and comfortable, this is a worthy investment.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Is The Best Way To Clean A Hearing Aid?
Hearing aids are an important health investment and so, cleaning and maintaining them is worth learning and practicing. Their areas of specialization are somewhat delicate and at the same time, unpleasant as they’re constantly subjected to moisture and earwax inside the ear canals.
You can prolong the quality and life span of your hearing aids by cleaning them regularly by yourself coupled with the routine maintenance gotten from a hearing professional. Here are some care tips for hearing aids which you might find to be useful to you:
- Ensure that you have the right cleaning tools
A brush and a wax pick are must-haves for cleaning hearing aids at home. There can be an accumulation of ear wax inside the opening that can be found at the end of a hearing aid. This is where the sound emanates from and the accumulation of ear wax there results in the production of whistling or muffled sounds. The receiver can get spoilt when the accumulation is left unattended for long. A wax pick and brush are used to clear the accumulation of ear wax.
- Practice good and healthy habits
Wash your hands well before you clean your hearing aids. Do not plug in your hearing aids while carrying out your hygiene routine. Avoid wearing your hearing aids while bathing or washing your face so that they won’t be damaged by water and soap. Plugin your hearing aids only after applying hair products such as gels and sprays.
- Clean your hearing aids at the end of each day
When you clean your hearing aids before going to bed, you give them time to air before they go into use again. Do not clean your aids with wipes containing alcohol or chemicals as it may damage them.
How Can I Clean ITE (In The Ear) Hearing Aids?
Here are some steps you should follow while cleaning an ITE model of hearing aids:
- While cleaning, concentrate on all the openings in the aids and clean away the wax build-up gently with either a toothbrush that has soft bristles or a soft brush given to you by a hearing professional. The opening you’re cleaning at any point should be held facing downwards to enable loose dirt particles to fall out instead of remaining lodged within the hearing aid.
- Using a hook or wax pick, clear out the remaining particles in the holes that didn’t fall off during the brush cleaning.
- Then, wipe the full device with a dry and clean tissue or cloth to get rid of any debris that’s stuck on the case of the hearing aid.
How Do I Clean BTE (Behind The Ear) Hearing Aids?
Here are some steps you should follow while cleaning a BTE model of hearing aids:
- Check the device for debris and get rid of them using a dry cloth or a soft brush.
- Detach the earmold from the hook and clean it properly. Most earmold, particularly the ones made with soft materials tend to become stained and discolored with time. When you wipe them daily and soak them once a week in warm, soapy water, you’ll be helping to reduce the rate at which they stain or discolor. Let the earmolds dry overnight before using again. Remember to not use alcohol or other chemicals in them to avoid damage. There are chances that the earmolds can develop a slight odor as time goes on. However, when the odor becomes strong, it can be an indication that you have an ear infection. Consult your ear health care professional when you notice a development of this nature.
- Before leaving the earmolds to dry overnight, force water out of the tubing using a bulb blower.
What Are Hearing Aid Cleaning Tools?
Although hearing aid cleaning tools can easily be gotten from most pharmaceutical stores or even online, it is advised that you have a chat with your ear health care professional first to find out which tools suit your hearing aids best.
Here are some of the cleaning tools used for cleaning and maintaining hearing aids:
- Hearing aid cleaning brush
The soft brush tip end is used to clean the sound port or faceplate as well as the body of a hearing device. Some brushes come with a magnetic battery removal tool to make the daily cleaning of hearing aids easier and more convenient for you.
- Wax pick or wire loop
The wax pick is built specially to help get rid of ear wax and other forms of dirt from the holes and corners of a hearing aid.
A multi-tool is called all-in-one because of its versatility. It contains both a wax loop and a brush to help ensure that the hearing aid is cleaned very thoroughly.
What Are The Side Effects Of A Hearing Aid?
Side effects of using a hearing aid can be brought about by the incorrect use of one or the use of the wrong type of hearing aids. Believe me, side effects are so uncomfortable to go through. Here are some of the common side effects you can encounter when you use a hearing aid incorrectly or you make use of the wrong type:
- Excessive feedback
- Skin irritation
- Soreness around the ears
- Itchy ear canals
- Inability to hear properly
Good news? These issues can be taken care of as soon as possible with the help of a hearing instrument specialist.
The Hearing Aid Cleaner Kit which contains five cleaning tools has all it takes to give your hearing aids maximum care and maintenance. Not only are the tools built to be comfortable and lightweight to handle, but they also have an ergonomic design, are easy to use and maintain. This cleaning kit helps improve your quality of life by giving you optimum performance.
It is an all-in-one kit that contains all that you need for efficient, effective, fast, and easy cleaning and maintenance of your hearing aids. Easy to use and comfortable, this is a worthy investment. Also ideal for traveling as the tools fit snugly in a little case that’s lightweight. This is great value for your money.